Monday, January 2, 2012

Dieters Be Aware...this is not for you!

So today I am making The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls.  These are definitely never on going to make any of the Nutrition Nazi's eating plans ever.  With that said he enjoyed eating them as much as I did.  You can visit the Pioneer Woman's site for her exact recipe, but in this particular batch I used 5 Tbsp of butter and 2/3 cup of sugar for the filling.  I also use a different glaze for the top that is a cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla mixture.  Email me if you are interested in making the glaze.  Without further adieu, here is my demo of the cinnamon rolls.



This is what your dough should look like after you have added all of the flour, including the baking soda, and the dough has completely risen.  The volume should actually be twice as much, but I had already completed working with the first half the dough before thinking about taking pictures.


I have floured my work surface and am now ready to roll out the dough.


I have rolled out to basically the correct shape.  It is not as nice as Ree's, but the end product is my main concern.


Now you can add the butter or the cinnamon sugar mixture first, whatever makes you happy.  This time I did the cinnamon sugar mixture.


Then  I added the melted butter.   In the past I have typically added the butter first, which I think is still my preference after reversing the order.


Now it is time to roll the dough up.  Again I am not the Pioneer Woman, so this is my less-than-pretty process!


Keep rolling all the way until it is completely wrapped up.  I have no idea why there is a hole, but they seemed to bake fine and we only have 2 of the 6 trays left so I am gong to venture that function won over form.  Take a serrated knife and slice them as thick or thin as you prefer and place them into a baking dish.


Before you can bake the rolls they need to rise for another 30 minutes.


Voila the finished product.  Again I was so excited I forgot to take pics until right before we were getting ready to eat them.  We both have the attention span of gnats when it comes to delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment