Monday, February 20, 2012

The Best Chicken Fingers I Have EVER Tasted

I love reading other food blogs to get ideas and new recipes. It is almost like an addiction.  I found a recipe for Maple Mustard Buttermilk Crusted Chicken Tenders at How Sweet it is that I am insisting that you try because it is that good.  Jessica posts a new recipe almost everyday during the week, and I am super jealous that she has that much time to cook or post because I feel like I struggle to get one post up each week.

Either way I decided to try out her recipe with a few minor changes and I was not disappointed at all!  I only have a few pics here because she does a much better job on her post, and she also has a printer friendly version of the recipe.  The only changes I made were omitting the Dry Mustard from the breading mixture and adding freshly grated parmesan romano cheese.  I wasn't quite sure how the Nutrition Nazi would feel since these are breaded, but he absolutely loved them and actually went back for a second helping!


I know the buttermilk mixture looks totally gross, but trust me it is the secret to the moisture.  Don't short change the chicken on marinating time.  Give it at least 6 hours to soak up all the goodness!


Again I may be changing the name of this blog to Function over Form because this is my boring looking chicken after I dipped each in the breading mixture.  It could also be my awesome photography skills...not!


You cannot skip the honey mustard sauce because it goes perfectly with the chicken.  I put mine in the fridge to let it thicken up.


Here we have the finished product, and our dinner.  I am surprised there aren't steam trails from NN and the Team Leader breathing down my neck to hurry up so that we could eat already!

Hopefully next week I am going to get around to posting some of the things that the grandparents have already bought for the baby!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment