Monday, November 19, 2012

Forever Grateful, Yours Truly, Little Miss Fajita

No matter how much I try I will never be able to fully express my gratitude for all of the wonderful blessings of this year.  Last year I put a picture for each person I was thankful for, but this year I would still be adding pictures at Christmas.  So this year I selected three pictures to sum up the year and my immense thankfulness to all of our family, friends, and the medical staff that helped us when we truly needed it.


While this may not seem like a great pic at first glance, this pic was taken on the day Little Pope finally got to come home from the hospital.  He has no leads or breathing assistance or IVs or feeding tubes or isolettes to regulate his temperature.  He is simply a normal, albeit small, baby going home.  It makes me tear up every time I think of this day and the happiness of finally getting to bring him to our home.


I chose this one because it reminds me of how far he has come.  He was so little when he came home that the car seat all but swallowed him.  You can see the size difference of my brother's hands to his body.  He weighed 4 lbs, 9 oz on that day and we thought he looked big!


And this one to prove to myself that in crunch time when all the doctors told us he would be ok at the end of the day that they were right.  Sometimes doubt is my worst enemy, but I believed, along with all of you, and now he is perfectly fine, and still a Handsome Tiger!


I thought I was a strong person for the things I had made it through before this year, but I learned how truly strong and blessed I am, and though I never want to live through it again I am grateful for being given the chance to witness such greatness.  Again thank you to all of our wonderful family, friends, and medical staff!

We hope that you have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment