Friday, November 4, 2011

Chocolate Martini - Heaven in a Glass

Those of you who know me are very aware that my favorite goes-with-everything or good-on-its-own adult beverage is Prosecco.  Now IF you really know me then you know that my absolute favorite over-the-top drink is a chocolate martini.  In my opinion it does not get any better than chocolate and vodka.  I was first introduced to this heavenly drink on a work trip to New York several years ago.


For whatever reason I did not have another chocolate martini until we went to the martini bar at El Dorado Royale in Mexico several years ago.  It re-ignited something in me, and with NN's help we came up with what I believe is the perfect recipe. 



What you will need to make this delicious concoction! Recipe is listed at the bottom!



Now everyone dresses their glass differently.  Some people rim it with chocolate sprinkles, others put sanding sugar and make it look fancy.  Patience is not a virtue I have when it comes to drinking these, so I pour chocolate sauce around the top and call it a day.  And for the record patience is why the picture is what it is, but you get the idea.


See how much fun I am having just holding my drink.  Imagine how much fun I had once I started drinking it!  And yes our outfits match on purpose - it's the price NN pays for hitting the lottery when he married me the day after this picture was taken! 

Chocolate Martini
1 shot Vodka
1 shot Godiva Chocolate Liquer
1/2 shot of Baileys Irish Cream
1/2 shot of Heavy Cream
Chocolate Sauce for Glass

Fill a shaker with ice and add the first four ingredients.  Shake well.  Dress your glass.  (I put mine in the freezer and then drizzle with chocolate sauce.)  Pour drink into glass and enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment