Monday, May 14, 2012

Their Continued Love Affair and My Third Wheel Status

The Nutrition Nazi and the Team Leader's love affair started the day we picked her up over three years ago and has only continued to develop like the plot of a cheesy chick flick!


In the picture above, from that day, she is already practicing her 'I can't be bothered with your life right now.  It's just so involved being ME!' look. You can read all about her story here.  The bond between these two is something very special that I must admit I am jealous over, and being the third wheel flat out sucks!  She very rarely wags her tail when I come home, but that could be because I don't wrastle with her or run like an idiot through the yard.  However if she thinks that NN might be pulling in the driveway she is at the garage door pacing.


I definitely don't get this kind of height on the rare occasion that I do run through the yard with her.


It's like he is a Red Bull or something and gives her wings.


I try to play ball, but inevitably she just gives up on my crappy throwing ability.  I certainly don't have any luck putting it on her nose and then her sunsequently catching it.


Maybe it's because they really are both athletes under it all, although NN thinks she has very little athletic ability and hopes that baby has more athleticism than his big sister.


Maybe it is because one antagonizes the other.


And then the other one pushes back with the 'Is that all you got' bouncy-ness.


This is the dog I get when I try to spend time with her.  She will put on a happy face momentarily, but once the camera is turned off she acts like I personally deprive her of all of her basic rights like laying in grass or a crappy old tennis ball.


Which would be fine if she weren't standing in her pool with the lake view as the sun is setting in the background as I take her picture.


Or running through the yard with the toy that I searched all over the internet for because she lost the other one playing in the water at Uncle Neal's house. 

Yep it's hell being the third wheel, but I can only hope that our newest addition does not have the same level of enamouredness with the Nutrition Nazi or the Team Leader.  Maybe I should start my plan now of how to buy win his love!  I wonder if he will like the spa or dessert as much as NN does because if he does I am numero uno in his life since I can make both of those happen easily!  I am also his best friend if he shares my love of camping...in Nordstroms!

Have a great week and don't settle for being second best!

No comments:

Post a Comment