Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Homemade Snickers and a Smile

With the end of summer upon us  I thought I would post a fun recipe that I made several months ago, but took a back seat when Little Pope arrived early.  I found a recipe for Homemade Snickers earlier this year on one of my favorite blogs, How Sweet It Is, and knew that I had to make them at some point.  I mean who doesn't love chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel?  If you are raising your hand right now I am going to pretend I didn't see that because I am afraid we can't be friends if that is the case and I am not really in the mood to un-friend anyone.  Click here for the full recipe.


So this is how this awesome dessert starts!  How could this possibly have any ending other than happy.


So melt the chocolate and peanut butter to form the bottom layer.


Once the bottom layer is set, next comes the yummy nougat layer.


The third layer of this dessert is caramel.  For those of you that raised your hand earlier, would you like to take it back now?


And finally the last layer of chocolate and peanut butter.  Yes this dessert is a little time consuming, but is totally worth all of the effort.  Trust me my hips show the evidence!


Voila, the finished project!  We ate a good amount of these, but ended up bringing the rest up to the nurses at the hospital while I was being held hostage, I mean waiting to have Little Pope.  Now I don't mean to brag, but as I was being prepped for my C-section the nurses were asking me to give them the recipe.  


Now I also promised you a smile so here you go.


And just to make you feel like you won the lottery here is another smile.  He's growing so fast!

We hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment