Wednesday, July 20, 2011

12x12

For those of you who do not know, we recently sold our house in town at then end of May and moved into our temporary quarters while we await the completion of our new house in August.  Since I keep getting questions about our current living conditions, I thought I would give you all a glimpse  into what it is like to live in a 12 x 12 cubicle, essentially.

Let me start by saying that despite it's appearance we really do have a great situation.  The Nutrition Nazi's mom and Pat were nice enough to let us move back into NN's old bedroom for 3 months.  For those of you who know my Type A level of organization, you know the chaos is slowly eating at me, though.  The pictures below are just a snapshot, but do not include the organized chaos of our stuff that is stashed in random corners of the house.


We managed to get our king size bed into the room, but it takes up a huge chunk of space.  It also serves as a desk, couch, or whatever is necessary at any given time.


We have also had to improvise with closet space.  Hanging racks are great if you have minimal needs, but these cheap ones are borderline crap and sometimes fall over with the amount of clothes that we have hanging.  Also notice the nice TV with no cable.  I think I have watched Sherlock Homes approximately 432 times.  We also do not have internet, other than my Ipad.


Look closely or you may miss the closet, and yes you are seeing that correctly - a third rolling rack.  The really sad part is all of our winter clothes are packed in storage.  I am going to so appreciate the new house and all of its closets. 


This is one of our landlords.  You would never know that this sweet-looking woman is half responsible for the Team Leader having fat rolls over her collar now.  The dog loves it, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment