Monday, July 25, 2011

Floors? Check!

One of the remaining major components, the flooring, is finally in!  Can I get a Whoo Hoo?  Throughout most of the first floor we decided on wood flooring, and carpet upstairs.  A few months ago I was using the Google on the Internet machine looking for our particular floor to remind myself of choice number 4,002 that I made at the design center in April,  and I came across the little known fact that our 5 inch hand-scraped Nottoway Hickory in Weathered Saddle planks are actually distressed by prisoners.  We will save that issue for another post, but I thought I would share.



No I am not a crappy photographer, usually, there is just a ton of airborne dust hanging around the house.


I think it really completes the room now that the floors are in, I might be biased, though.


So the carpet is nothing special, but at least it is done!  I am guessing that you are wondering why all of our stuff is spread out on the floor.  Well we were trying to find furniture to fit the odd-sized media room, so what do an accountant and an engineer do in such a situation?  Of course they mark it off so they know exactly what it will look like, duh!


Then Houston's leading fitness and nutrition expert showed everyone how to successfully complete a DWI test.


I don't know why, but the logs in the fireplace make me happy.  Guess it goes back to when I was little and always wanted a fireplace.  Now I have one, complete with logs.  Santa can officially come and visit me.


Can you spot the 2 changes in this picture?  Ok I know not everyone cares as much as I do, so I will just tell you.  They shutters are finally stained and the front door is in.  Not too much longer and I will be bombarding you with endless pictures of paint choices and curtains.  I bet you can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment