Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Europe Rules

When I get back I am going to post some of our vacation pics, but for now I thought I would share some vacation posts from our previous Europe trip 3 years ago.  We were very fortunate to be able to spend most of our time in Italy on this particular trip.


It rained something fierce when we were in Venice.  I was not prepared for the cold and wet combo.  This time I will remember to pack an umbrella.


Venice was still wonderfully beautiful and has the best tiramisu!


This is the view from our room in Sorrento in the Amalfi Coast area.  You should go if you ever get the chance.  It was simply beautiful.


Over my shoulder is Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii.  Again simply beautiful.


Just in case you missed it...one more pic.


This was the view from our table at breakfast.  As you can guess we cannot wait to go back!


The Trevi fountain in Rome, where you are supposed to throw 3 coins with your right hand over your left shoulder into the fountain and make a wish.  Throwing the coins into the fountain is also said to ensure a return trip to Rome at some point in the future. 


The Coliseum from a different perspective.


We ate way too much gelato, but it was so good!

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment