Friday, September 30, 2011

Where We Were and What We Did

So we were in one of the biggest cities in the world, and aside from NN taking my picture every 5 seconds, we visited some really cool attractions.  Be warned...this post is extremely picture heavy and of course rich with my wonderful wit!  Most of the pictures do not do justice to the items being photographed.


This was one of the most amazing things that we saw the entire trip.  The lights flash, like a strobe light, the first 5 minutes of every hour.


The grounds of the Eiffel Tower are a really peaceful place!  This is one of the few shots that I actually took.  I may have to expand NN's name to include Camera Nazi.


Here I am in front of the Lourve museum.  In true French aloofness, (yes that is a word), there was some type of heavy smoke in certain sections of the largest museum in the world that houses priceless works of art, but they only shut those parts off to the public instead of evacuating them.  Makes perfect sense, right?  We decided to not be part of the potential disaster and left to grab lunch.


Before the smoke issue, we did get to see the Venus de Milo.  For the record I had to take about 10 shots before I finally got one with none of the other 10,000 people in the museum.



I know this pic sucks, but it is because people are idiots.  The sign clearly says not to use a flash when photographing this painting, but people don't care, so the museum decided to put it behind protective glass.  Thanks a lot bad-etiquette-museum-goers.


This is not really a famous painting, as a gigantic painting.  I would venture to say that it was 4-5 stories tall.


All you Tour de France freaks will love this shot!  This was another of my favorites!


Picture #406 taken by NN of me and the Champs Elysses behind me.


I'll be honest I am not usually one for going to look at historical monuments and buildings, but the Pantheon, along with the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe were some of the most beautiful places we visited.


Inside Notre Dame, where many people failed to obey the huge sign.  I guess it is like the saying, 'We hate to be rude, but we're French.'  (Name that movie.)


NN is enamoured with this place.


We almost did not go to the Luxemborg Gardens, but it was so much fun to grab a chair and  just hang out.  The Gardens feel like a smaller version of Central Park.


See, my fellow Houstonians, fall does exist, just not here.  The Gardens even look like Central Park!

Early next week I am going to post pics from all of the eating we did on the trip.  Thank goodness we walked everywhere or otherwise I would have to throw away my scale!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment