Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is that a Labradoodle?

I think this is the most common phrase I hear when I am out and about with the Team Leader.  I recently posted about our trip to First Monday and how the dog was super popular.  Many people wanted to pet her, and then came the inevitable question.  Dear God people if you have heard of a Labradoodle why have you never heard of a Goldendoodle.  So what is a Goldendoodle, you ask?  Let me show you.

Golden Retriever + Poodle = Goldendoodle



Now beyond just the doodle label, there are actually different levels of doodles.  Crazy, I know.  So here they are:

F1 = Poodle (Mini, Medium, or Full-Size) x Golden Retriever

F1b = F1 Goldendoodle x Poodle

F2b = F1 Goldendoodle x F1b Goldendoodle



The Team Leader is an F1 for those of you wondering.

Why should I care, you ask?  Well if you don't want to, then fine, but I am trying to help you look good when using these skills out and about to meet people.  My husband wishes he would have been smarter and got a doodle when he was single.  I guess he thinks he would have been able to snag someone who did not call him the Nutrition Nazi or who is not a little OCD every now and then.  I told him that it still would not be enough to help his cause. Some days I think there should have been some type of upfront, cash-only payout to me for dealing with him, but what's done is done.

So where do you get one of these little gems? I am talking about the dog, not my husband, though I did try to give him away at First Monday in a deal with the dog because he was starting to get mouthy.   We got our little daredevil from Stroodles Doodles in Oklahoma.  Let me warn you, though, as puppies they have some kind of force field to suck you in, like the pic below.


We had basically just picked her up from the breeder and already NN is promising her all kinds of things and countless hours of his time, but then scoffed when I tried to buy her a Coach collar.  Guess he did not get the memo that a girl's gotta have nice things.


Even when they are toddler puppies they are super cute and fluffy!  See again with the magnetism.  I think one of us carried her around for the first several months.


They even grow up to have the cutest feet.  I love the muppet-feet look. 


However, they are little deviants that are too smart for their own good.  They do things like climb on the dishwasher door to try and lick the dishes.  Thank God for high heat sanitize cycles.


They teach themselves how to get water and ice from the refrigerator.  Thankfully the fridge has controls to lock the dispensers.


They are super proud when they find the most annoying squeaky ball ever, even though you hid it really well, or so you thought!

Though, she is a ton of work some days, we love having her in our lives. You can read more about the Team Leader and how she came to be part of our lives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment